Decoction is a method of extraction by boiling herbal or plant material to dissolve the chemicals of the material, which may include stems, roots, bark and rhizomes.
For this BB you will create a decoction from dandelion root:
- Make a journal page about a recipe for dandelion root decoction along with dosage information
- Make the decoction, and take a picture of it being made, and of it being finished.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes of dandelion and how to ID and to harvest dandelion root. Add it to the herb section.
Photo of dandelion root from Mountain Rose Herbs website:
Here is a good description on how to make dandelion root decoction.
To show you've completed this BB you must post pictures of the following:
- the journal page showing your recipe and dosage information for dandelion root decoction
- picture of the dandelion root being harvested
- picture of the decoction being made
- picture of the finished decoction in its labelled jar.
- the journal page showing the attibutes of dandelion and how to ID and harvest it
Is the requirement for this to be shown in it's labelled jar not a good requirement to have? I'm not a decoction expert... I did approve both of the applications but I realized they were both missing that photo...
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"
posted 3 months ago
Thanks for the cert !
I don't know if a jar and label are appropriate for this as it is meant to be consumed fairly quickly after it is made?
Other concoctions such as tinctures, oils, salves and vinegars are meant to be stored and used slowly over time but teas and decoctions are to be consumed pretty quickly after being made. At least that's my understanding of them.
This one time, at band camp, I had relations with a tiny ad.
Greenhouse of the Future ebook - now free for a while