To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- you must clean a shelter
- brushing/scraping off dirt and poopies
- a little DE along the edges and corners to control pests - super scrub the water stuff
- making sure the dry supplements are ample and clean
- kelp meal /minerals
- calcium (for chickens) (usually oyster shells)
- baking soda
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a before picture of the shelter
- post an after picture of the shelter
- post a before picture of the water container
- post an after picture of the water container
- post a before picture of the dry supplements
- post an after picture of the dry supplements
- OR a 2 minute video of you doing all of this
This badge bit was some much needed motivation to tackle the cobwebs in my duck house.
Before/After (SO MANY COBWEBS!)
I also scrubbed the water pail.
And I cleaned out and refilled their oyster shell/egg shell containers
Before/After for interior oyster shell
Before/After for exterior oyster/egg shell (action shot of me crushing the egg shells)
And, here's the ducks back in their house. Since some random predator has been coming around recently, and eating them even in their protected yard, they're hanging out in their house all day unless I'm watching them. So, a good cleaning of their house was definitely in order! (The little fenced off area in the bottom right is to protect the mama and her babies who just hatched yesterday. My ducks have a propensity to try to steal each other's babies!)
Tough call about the dry supplements but after reading the description & the requirements a few times I'm calling this BB certified. For what it's worth mine free range & only get supplements during winter. Nice coop!!!