In this Badge Bit, you will build a sophisticated rainwater harvesting system. Need a bunch of water and have a roof handy? Let's collect some of it!
The point range is from 2-8 for this BB based on complexity and size. Multiple tanks require more plumbing, thus more points. Connecting multiple roofs is worth more. More volume is worth more. An average "sophisticated" system will earn 3 points.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- create a sophisticated way to collect rainwater and make it usable
- plan for overflow
- plan for keeping junk out of the tank(s)
- more than 500 gallons
- easy to winterize
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the location before you start
- the construction underway
- the finished rain water collection system
- view of the overflow
- view of how you keep junk out of the tank(s)
Solar Station Construction Plans by Ben Peterson -- ebook