In this Badge Bit, you will build an simple hot water system, perhaps for a hand wash station or outdoor shower. Cold water is nice but sometimes a bit of warmth is nice too. Let's make it happen!
The goal with this BB is to turn cold water into hot water and make it usable. It can be simple or fancy but since this is the "Plumbing" badge you need to do some plumbing to get the BB. You can buy a water heater, make a RMH, make a solar heater or whatever. Here's a neat solar powered mobile design:
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- set up a simple water heater
- supplies hot water to some contraption or system
- you need to do some pluming for this project. Buying a camping shower and filling it with water doesn't count.
- warning label for Legionella
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the existing location before you start
- the parts you're starting with
- 2 stages during the plumbing part of the construction
- the completed construction
- water coming out of the device at 110F or hotter
Anything worth doing well is worth doing poorly first. Just look at this tiny ad:
100th Issue of Permaculture Magazine - now FREE for a while