Hi Permies in the North half, have you started planning for your garden this year? I have been collecting and introducing native wildflowers to my garden. They not only look beautiful but also provide foods for the pollinators. I am offering limited amount of Midwest wildflower seeds to Permies users interested in the topic.
What are the seeds?
I am offering a bundle of eight, no individual request. They are a mix of self seeding annuals or perennials with the native range east of the Rocky mostly.
1. Common violet, probably Missouri violet. Violoa sororia
2. Red clover. Trifolium pratense
3. Butterfly weed. Asclepias tuberose
4. Tall green milkweed. A. Hirtella
5. Purple milkweed. A. Purpurascens
6. Foxglove beardtoungue. Penstemon digitalis
7. Showy partridge pea. Chamaecrista fasciculata
8. Tickseed sunflower. Bidens aristosa
All the milkweed seeds have been cold stratified and have 100% germination rate if planted in the potting mix.
How to request?
Offer is limited to mailing address of US lower 48 states only
. I have 10 bundles total and will update when the seeds are out.
1. Post a rely listing your favorite flowers the types of pollinators they attract. They can be native or non native flowers
2. Send me an address in the purple mooseage as well.
We have quite a few posts discussing flowers and pollinators, please check them out and share your pictures.
Name the top plants in your yard for bees.
Post flowers native or non-native