All around ranch help/caretaker position available on small-scale ranch in Northeast Arizona. This is a seven day per week position, with varied hours, usually 25-30+ hours per week. Begin ASAP with at least one month commitment. Seasonal work with option to extend.
General duties include:
- feeding/watering livestock (6 AM and 4 PM)
- managing pasture rotation
installation and maintenance
- assessment of livestock health, breeding plans
and assist during birth
- construction of pens, shade structures, and greenhouse
- assistance with planning, organizing and implementing daily activities of ranch
with sheep, goats, livestock guardian dogs, chickens, turkeys, rabbits
and horses helpful (listed in order of importance)
- Must be able to lift/push/pull heavy objects without physical limitations
- Driver’s license
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including snow, rain, extreme cold and heat
- Will consider single or couple
- Prefer no pets, although we can accommodate horses. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate dogs because of active dog boarding facility on the property.
- Absolutely no smoking of any kind due to fire danger
- No drug use. Limited use of alcohol.
- Access to your own tools (basic tools such as drills, saws, etc.)
What is provided:
- 2018 35’ Fifth wheel for living accommodations
provided (you haul from our well)
- solar power
- propane NOT provided
- Located in Concho, Arizona at 6800’ elevation with nearest stores in the town of Show Low, approximately 15 miles away with all paved and maintained roads except for last 1/4 mile
- Excellent cellular coverage with option of ranch phone provided
- salary negotiable
- weekly shared meal/ranch meeting
Please respond with general introduction and salary requirements.