Linda Secker wrote:Hi All
do you have any recipes for moisturising sensitive skin and lips? I get very dry skin in places, and my skin is sensitive to all sorts of things. I need a thick cream for hands, feet, elbows and knees, and a lightweight cream for my face. I also get occasional patches of eczema. I'm particularly bothered about lip stuff - I've tried several lip balms here in the UK, some natural, some not, and the only thing that actually works is vaseline which is petroleum jelly - yeuch!!!
If anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to try making something!
You can try my recipe, a lifelong pursuit to agreeably care for extreme dry skin.
for body, not for face except on occasion.
ingredients (all organic please...)
1. Aloe Vera leaf, fresh cut from a plant
2. Vegetable Glycerin
3. Hemp Seed or Jojoba Oil
KEEP IT SIMPLE, never get anal on recipes- just eyeball relative measures and you'll be perfect enough -
1. de-spine the edges of the aloe leaf(s), and slice leaves into pieces, put into a blender leaf skin and all.
liquify that for a few minutes best you can, until you get a greenish goo in there
2. ADD the same amount of glycerin to match the aloe goo. so you now have 50/50 of both. blend again, few minutes.
3. ADD the oil, not too much, about 1/4 to 1/6 of the mixture. this acts as an emollient, or a smoother if you will,
to the consistency of the lotion. blend again, couple minutes untill all lumpy things go away.
4. DECANT all to a large GLASS jar, which shall be the master, which decants to your personal container(s), especially when you give samples to others.
USE a rubber spat to remove every smidgeon of lotion from blender.
5. ADD a few drops of essential oils to the master jar with tight lid- tea tree (3), rosemary (6), lemon (6), peppermint (1 drop!)....shake furiously.
6. decant to daily use container, and store the master somewhere cool and dark.
7. IMPORTANT: to be used after shower or bath, dry your hair and back, but do NOT dry your body
instead, add a few drops rubbed between palms and massage your wet arms, perhaps going into upper torso- then a few drops to massage your wet legs- then midsection, you get the idea, adjust amounts until you're covered. not TOO much!
8. at first, experiment until you apply the right amount everyday, and you'll be surprised at how little you might need everyday. one smallish bottle lasts me
about a month, or months, for example.
ENJOY and please POST YOUR RESULTS!