In this Badge Bit, you will install a wind power system. If it's regularly windy where you live, you can maybe turn that into power. Let's give it a shot!
You can install whatever style of wind power system you want as long as it generates electricity. It doesn't matter if it's a turbine, vertical axis or other. Homemade or store bought, doesn't matter.
Here's a series of videos for a grid tied and off grid install:
There are two point options for this BB:
- properly (to code) install in a grid tied house - 20 points
- properly (to code) install in an off-grid house - 10 points
The minimum requirements are:
- install one or more wind power generation devices
- follow local codes
- you are doing 90+% of the work
- system generates 500W or more at 25mph wind
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the parts of your system as purchased
- the system at two points during the installation
- clear description of the components of your system and how they work together
- the finished installation showing how much power is being generated (when windy)