From the video description:
"How to sharpen scissors or shears for the shop. Today we are looking at sharpening scissors for use in the shop or anywhere you need truly sharp scissors. weather you need scissors for paper, crafts or good old fabric scissors learning how to sharpen scissors can prolong the life of the scissors and allow them to work as good or better than new. weather you have the latest Fiskars scissors or a 100-year-old pair of shears, you can make them work like new once you sharpen them."
Requirements to complete:
- Disassemble scissors and sharpen the edge properly (depending on whether anvil or by-pass), including both primary and secondary edge if applicable.
- Remove excess sap and other residue. Some "staining" is to be expected.
- Oil sufficiently for smooth action. Oil can't be petroleum derived .
To get certified for this BB, post the following:
- Pic of dull edge or poorly cut paper
- Action pic with disassembled scissors showing method of sharpening.
- Pic of reassembled, sharpened scissors possibly cutting paper
- Describe the sharpening method and oil used.