Eating inside is fine but sometimes it's nice to eat out by the pollinators. Let's build a picnic table!
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- seating for 6 and room for 6 place mats plus food
- benches don't need to be connected to table
- clearly sturdy enough for use on an active homestead
- no treated wood - no paint
To document your completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the wood you're starting with
- the construction partially underway
- the finished picnic table
So what i like about this is me and another fellow work at a saw mill, I am the miller and he is the guy who brings in the logs and does the scaling.
These slabs came from one of the few old growth cedars on our island.
The picnic table will measure out to be about 8-9 feet long and 4 feet wide. I am hoping to build 2 benches to put on either end so that more people can eat visit at the table.
Beautiful table Jordan! It looks like it's almost complete in the last picture. Could you post one picture of it completely done? I'm not talking about the bonus bench seats, mainly the existing seat that looks temporarily long and possibly narrower than it will end up...
Location: Lasqueti Island, British Columbia - USDA zone 8-9