Stepping out of your house should be a fun experience. Falling two feet into the mud sucks. Let's build a simple deck to provide some outdoor living space.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- build a 50+ square foot deck including the supporting structure (not just resurfacing an existing deck)
- reasonably safe and with stairs if applicable
- clearly sturdy enough for general use
- no treated wood - no paint
To document your completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pics or video (less than two minutes):
- the wood you're starting with
- the site where the deck will be built
- the structure of the deck in place
- the finished deck
Deck Boards were mostly ash reclaimed from an 1880s downtown warehouse. It will be under cover and protected from precipitation, so I’m hoping it will prove durable. Grabbed a couple cedar 2x’s laying around to round out the surface. Support was reclaimed cedar from an old deck. Screws were salvaged from another job. Cinder block piers were leftover from when my great great grandpa built our farmhouse.
"Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup." - Wendell Berry