For this badge bit, you will create a plantain leaf poultice.
- Make a journal page about a recipe for plantain leaf poultice along with dosage information.
- Make plantain leaf poultice, with pictures of it being made, and of it being finished.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes and how to ID and how to grow plantain leaf. Add it to the herb section.
To document this BB, post pictures or a 2-minute video depicting the following:
- Your journal page about your recipe and dosage information for plantain leaf poultice.
- Your plantain leaves being harvested
- Your poultice in mid-preparation
- Your completed poultice
- Your journal page about the attributes of plantain leaf
I've always wanted to try the field-medicine use of plantain. I've always just chopped it up with a knife, but I thought I'd try it the chewing and applying method. It surprisingly sticks well to the hand this way--it does not when chopped with a knife.