For this BB you will create calendula infused oil:
- Make a journal page about a recipe for calendula infused oil along with dosage information.
- Make the infused oil, and take a picture of it being made, and of it being finished.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes of calendula and how to ID and harvest it. Add it to the herb section.
To show you've completed this BB you must post pictures of the following:
- the journal page showing the recipe and dosage information of the calendula infused oil
- picture of the calendula being harvested
- picture of the infused oil being made
- picture of the finished infused oil in its labelled jar
- the journal page showing the attributes of calendula and how to harvest and prepare it
I grew calendula for the 1st time this year. I picked the flowers, used them fresh, poured olive oil over it, put the mixture in a dark cabinet shaking once a week for 6 weeks. Next year I will be making 4 times the amount of oil to use in salves.
I've been paralleling Dawn on this project My journal is on the computer so here's the appropriate parts cut and pasted:
Calendula Culinary? All parts are edible
Medicinal uses: Antibacterial
Accelerates healing (safer than comfrey)
Soothes menstrual cramps, stomach ulcers and shingles
Bruises, burns, sores, skin infections, rashes
Cleans lymph system and swollen glands
Locations: Middle of herb bed
Basic oil recipe: Put herbs in a wide mouth jar and cover with 1-2” olive oil, cover tightly
Set in warm sunny spot for 2 weeks
Strain out herbs using cheesecloth or muslin
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"