This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Nest.
In this Badge Bit, you will run a self cleaning oven. (Note that this BB is part of an 8-part choose your own adventure list BB called the Jeeves List. You must complete eight Badge Bits in the Jeeves List.)
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- run a self cleaning oven
- make sure to remove racks before starting
- when done, wipe out ash and replace racks
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of the self cleaning oven
- an action shot of the self cleaning oven running
- an after picture of the self cleaning oven after you wiped it
- a description of any additional cleaning procedures you did
- OR a 2-minute video of you doing this
Note to self: Leave the house while the oven self-cleans, it smells. Self cleaning the oven is not a set and forget, once the cycle is complete the ash residue needs to be wiped up, the glass on the inside had to be cleaned with a baking soda and razor blade and the racks needed to be cleaned. I need to clean the oven more often. I am ready for Thanksgiving pies. I did forget to take the picture of the oven running the self clean.