For this badge bit, you will create a vinegar infusion of lavender and hibiscus blossoms
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes and how to ID and how to grow Lavender. Add it to the herb section.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes and how to makeapplecider vinegar. Add it to the herb section.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes of hibiscus. Add it to the herb section.
- Make a journal page for Lavender and Hibiscus Vinegar Infusion with its uses and attributes. Add it to the Infusions section.
- Make a journal page for Lavender and Hibiscus Vinegar Infusion with its recipe and dosage information. Add it to the Infusions section.
- Make at least one pint (450ml) of infusion, show a picture of it being made, and a picture of the finished infusion.
Here are some links to guide you in researching and creating your Vinegar infusion:
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must post:
- a picture of your lavender and hibiscus being harvested (the vinegar can be purchased or home made)
- a picture of your ingredients in vinegar
- a picture of your completed infused vinegar in a labeled container
- a picture of your journal page about Lavender & Hibiscus Infused Vinegar, detailing amounts and process
(this information will, in time, help to determine efficacy for your property)
- a picture of your journal page(s) about the uses and attributes of: lavender, hibiscus, and apple cider vinegar
The focus for the journal is on efficacy for the property. A robust journal is an excellent thing, but for PEP the required part is about determining the efficacy.
I also added elements about harvesting.
I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with raven talking about this about two weeks ago, and then another half hour on the phone with her on saturday. And then about 20 minutes talking with jocelyn. And about 15 more minutes with shawn. So this is not a casual shift.