Decoction is a method of extraction by boiling herbal or plant material to dissolve the chemicals of the material, which may include stems, roots, bark and rhizomes.
For this BB you will create a decoction from dandelion root:
- Make a journal page about a recipe for dandelion root decoction along with dosage information
- Make the decoction, and take a picture of it being made, and of it being finished.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes of dandelion and how to ID and to harvest dandelion root. Add it to the herb section.
Photo of dandelion root from Mountain Rose Herbs website:
Here is a good description on how to make dandelion root decoction.
To show you've completed this BB you must post pictures of the following:
- the journal page showing your recipe and dosage information for dandelion root decoction
- picture of the dandelion root being harvested
- picture of the decoction being made
- picture of the finished decoction in its labelled jar.
- the journal page showing the attibutes of dandelion and how to ID and harvest it