Here are some nice videos on milking cows and goats.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- you must milk either a cow or goat
- you must get at least one gallon of milk from a cow, or one quart from a goat
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a picture of you and an empty bucket beneath a cow or goat
- post a picture of you milking the cow or goat
- post a picture of you and the bucket full of the appropriate quantity of milk
Milking sweet Elli.
The nut bag really helps keep the initial dirt out of the milking pail. i seem to get the cleanest milk doing it this way. I have really done my best to not buy the paper milk disposable filters. After ive milked i than put it thru a similar sized mesh stainless steel tea strainer.
Living off-grid 23 acre farm, with goats, chickens, pigs and a huge bodacious garden
-USDA Zone 8-9