This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Community.
In this Badge Bit, you will make a piece of art that will be displayed publicly (accessible from off of your property, and for the benefit of those off of your property). It should be made with natural or re-purposed materials.
Here are some ideas:
It could be a large sculpture made from living material (like a willow fence) or very natural looking like the art in this thread:
To qualify for this badge bit, you must
- Post a picture of your art in progress
- Post a picture of it completed and installed in its permanent location
- get at least 1.5 points according to oddball rules
Today I made a garden bed/ art installation / bee haven in front of my house. It is accessible from the road, easily visible from the road as you drive by, and technically not on my property (under the power lines). My neighbour came over just to see what I was up too! She loved it!
Two BBs in one!
- Upcycled Marble - They are slabs left over from cutting counter tops
- Bark - For mulching the perimeter
- An old antique bike with planters attached
- An old antique mop bucket I turned into a flower pot
- Old composted & manure/straw/hay/wood shavings
- Seeds! (Xeriscape blend, sage, valerian, peppermint, chives, lemon balm, borage, yarrow, echinacea, calendula, lupins)
I used a pulaski to trench out the area the marble was to go and where the bike was placed. It took a lot of effort to move all the marble to the front of the house and set it in place. I then raked out the bed area.