Building a Transition Town from the Ground Up!
In case you're unaware, over 1 million Americans own their homes through housing cooperatives, saving thousands of dollars. Also, nearly 2 million American farmers are member-owners in over 2,000 agricultural cooperatives, which offer them wider markets and cost savings. Our modern homesteading community combines both for double the benefits for families looking to live off-grid and off-oil.
The Riverbed Ranch is a 250-family, online-but-off-grid, modern homesteading community located in Utah. The community is for families that are determined to live a more self-reliant / self-sustaining lifestyle.
Most of the families that join our community join for one of these reasons:
1. To live a lifestyle independent of mortgage, power, and water bills.
2. To live a healthier lifestyle, eating pesticide-free food and breathing clean air.
3. For safety, either from things now, or things that may come down the road.
4. To create a place where their family can all live, learn and work together.
Your $20,000 gets you:
1. Two acres at the Riverbed Ranch modern homesteading community (you get a land cooperative's equivalent of a title, it's called a “proprietary occupancy agreement” and can be bought and sold). Over 1 million Americans own their land and homes through land co-ops.
2. Two acre-feet of water rights (that's 651,702 gallons of well water a year),
3. A vote in the cooperative,
4. Opportunity for group purchases of products and services needed to build your homestead.
5. Opportunity to sell your products and services through the co-op,
6. First stab at job openings within the cooperative, and
7. The opportunity to spearhead the creation of sub-cooperatives to provide jobs and goods and services to the co-op members and/or outside customers.
8. To live around 249 other families who are determined to live self-reliantly.
The Utah OSR Land Cooperative's Riverbed Ranch modern homesteading community will feature:
• High-speed fiber optic Internet by our partner Beehive Broadband,
• A K-12 school, and other community services (listed below).
• A future BMX bicycle course for kids to enjoy,
• A greenbelt area running up the middle of the community, including a hiking trail, honeybee-friendly trees and bushes, a road, and maybe someday, a creek.
• An RV and camping park. This way, shareholders who so choose can live in the RV park while building out their homestead. And later, guests can stay and enjoy the community.
• Co-op store for importing and exporting goods.
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY SERVICES
Similar to an industrial park, the Utah OSR Land Cooperative has set aside 40 acres for the following
privately owned and operated services (which will likely all be staffed by local residents):
1. Academy of Self-Reliance higher-learning campus, including a ropes course.
2. The OSR K-12 campus,
3. Assisted Living / Retirement Home
4. Whole Health / Life Coach clinic
5. Child Rescue Home
6. Young Mothers Home
7. Equine / Canine Therapy Barn
• Watch a intro webinar here: https://bit.ly/OSR-peaceful
• schedule to attend one of our tours