I am the Principal/owner of Pinecrest Virtual Academy. We teach permaculture and sustainability and many other hands-on and project based courses. We are looking for part and full time teachers.
Certified Teachers are needed to join our innovative, futurist virtual school. Full and part time positions are available in all subjects for our online school. Pinecrest Virtual Academy teaches to core concepts and themes not tests. Teach when, where and how you want to from anywhere. Textbooks are virtual and allow the teacher to arrange and design their own class materials. Our worldwide school welcomes teachers from all countries to apply. Must be able to speak and write in English in addition to any other languages. Must have teacher certification or a PhD, and a computer with high-speed internet. All subject areas are needed. Our pilot program will start in 2017. Must have good computer skills. Virtual world experience is helpful but not necessary. Pay will be based on number of students enrolled in class. Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com
or contact Betty at 989-728-6490
Pinecrest K-12 Virtual Academy is tailored to meet the specific academic, emotional, and creative needs of students with AD/HD & Dyslexia. Pinecrest is an innovative, futurist, virtual school that holds classes in a virtual world. Pinecrest Virtual Academy teaches to core concepts and themes not tests. Teach when, where and how you want to from anywhere. Textbooks are virtual and allow the teacher to rearrange and design their own class materials. Our worldwide school welcomes teachers from all countries to apply.
Pinecrest Virtual Academy Overview
• Individualized, student centered education
• Specializing in education of students with AD/HD and Dyslexia.
• No Failure- must achieve a 70% or redo or improve work
• Hands-on project based curriculum
• Hands on work experience
• Theme based for each semester or year (i.e.-“Sustainability”)
• Sponsorship, scholarships, and other tuition compensations may be available to qualifying students
• Very few test and federal standardize test are optional and not required
• Meets or beats the standards for core curriculum
• Innovative and creative curriculum
• Classes are held in virtual world environment
• Instructor have the freedom are encouraged to be creative and innovative
It is the vision of Pinecrest to provide students with an educational experience, which teaches the “whole child” to prepare the student psychologically, socially, and philosophically to meet the world and become productive citizens. We will accomplish our goals through our innovative individualized curriculum’s three (3) elements: Academics, “Creative” Courses, and Socialization Activities. The specific goals to which all activities and relationships are directed to are responsibility, respect, resourcefulness, and responsiveness. These will prepare the students for a meaningful life and desire for life-long learning.