Bread Recipe (Makes three big loaves 4"x16", or a week of small loaves each morning):
5 lbs bread flour
6 cups water
1.5 tablespoons yeast
3 tablespoons salt
Splash of Olive Oil
1. Mix flour and salt in large container.
2. Heat water to "hot", just before it burns to put your finger in it (~110 degrees F), add yeast and whisk together.
3. Mix water/yeast with flour/salt.
4. Combine into dough and knead until smooth.
5. Let rise for approximately 2 hrs (I usually let it triple in size or so).
6. Refrigerate overnight to develop flavor (or as much as a week, note that as flavor increases, rise decreases).
7. Weigh and separate into loaf balls, shape dough for loaves.
8. Add dough to oiled pans.
9. Whisk together egg wash ingredients and coat surface of bread.
10. Move dough in pans to warm oven to rise for approximately 1 hr covered with moist towel.
11. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
12. Slice surface of dough for appearance and to allow bread to expand.
13. Bake at 450 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
14. Extricate from pans, cool on wire rack, enjoy!