What a wonderful DVD you have made – I downloaded the digital version and watched it Mon. night.
I have a few questions …
1) Re horizontal wires -- Why are there horizontal wires near the “NAP” trees? How many are there (I thought I saw 3), how far apart vertically are they spaced and what gauge of wire?
2) Re Honey locust trees (ie the “N” in “NAP”) – how is the height controlled from shading everything around it? Is the only “pruning” done by placing the wire hooks on it to make the branches go downwards, are they coppiced at all, …. ? My honey locusts are over 40 ft high in my backyard! J
3) Re planting shrubs, herbs, etc – when can you plant the supporting shrubs, etc -- is there an approx height you wait for the “NAP” trees to reach first?
4) Re “wire hook pruning” – is there an approx age or height or branch diameter when this is started?
5) How long are your tree rows? Is there any optimum length?
I am looking forward to making a food forest in the near future. Thanks so much for any answers and guidance you can provide.