If you melt the wax and mix it with water, the water soluble pesticide will be left in the water once the wax freezes at room temperature. One should be able to melt the wax just by pouring boiling water on it.
I'm going to disagree with the comment above. The pesticides that end up in wax are not water soluble in the first place (if they were the would not dissolve in wax).
Some studies have shown that pesticides can collect in wax, but the levels are low compared to other sources we are commonly exposed to. The exception is from managed hives where miticides are used and the wax comes into direct contact with the pesticides. Thus you are more likely to have higher pesticide contamination in your managed (treated) hives than in wax from wild colonies.
Moderator, Treatment Free Beekeepers group on Facebook.
Location: Massachusetts, Zone:6/7, AHS:4, Rainfall:48in even Soil:SandyLoam pH6 Flat
I think once the wax contains pesticides there's not much that can be realistically done to remove them. The darker the wax the older so use the lightest wax possible. Virgin wax (recently built but no eggs, honey, or pollen stored in it yet) would be best. That's my 2 cents worth.
Argue for your limitations and they are yours forever.
chemicals in beeswax is nothing compared to trip though fresh fruit and veggies covered with lanate and alar at a super walmart.
bees are smart, they will avoid chemical laden fields and find wild nectar in the environment if they can