5. Using the knife, carefully cut the curds into 1/4-inch cubes and allow to set for 5 minutes. Do
6. Over the next 30 minutes, slowly heat the curds to 100°F, stirring frequently. As you stir, the
curds will shrink.
7. Once the curds are at 100°F, maintain the temperature and continue stirring for the next 30
minutes. If the curds get too hot, remove from heat.
8. After 30 minutes, stop stirring and allow the curds to settle to the bottom of the pot. This will
take about 20 minutes.
9. Pour the curds into a colander. Place the colander and curds back into your cheese pot and
allow to drain for 15 minutes.
10. Remove the colander from the pot and turn the curds out onto a cutting board. You should
have a semi-solid mass that looks like jelly. Pour the whey out of the pot, cut the mass into
five slices, and place back into the pot. Cover.
11. Run a sink or basin full of 102°F water and place the pot and curds into it. Keeping the
temperature of the curds right around 100°F, turn the slices every 15 minutes for the next 2
hours. This is the cheddaring process and will give your cheese its unique flavor and
12. After 2 hours, the curds will be shiny and very firm. Remove them from the pot and cut into
1/2-inch cubes. Place back in the pot, cover, and place in the sink filled with 102°F water.
13. In 10 minutes, stir gently with your fingers or a wooden spoon. Repeat twice more.
I guess I've been abducted by space aliens. So unprofessional. They tried to probe me with this tiny ad:
Rocket Ovens Movie + Rocket Oven Plans + J-Tube Plans Bundlehttps://permies.com/w/rocket-ovens-bundle