So I am unfortunately not going to PV2 but I do know that a bunch of permies got together last year and did some sort of group house thing.. not sure if anyone is interested in doing something like that, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there.
EDIT: I AM COMING NOW!
I have been looking at airbnb places an found a pretty cheap one but if someone else wants to go in on some sort of airbnb house or something that would be cool too! My budget is like VERY slim though..
If you haven't already gotten your tickets, click here!
I live in San Diego (Encinitas, Ca specifically) and you are welcomed to stay in my tiny guest room if it happens that you don't get a house together. House with lots of premies sharing ideas sounds more fun (This house looks awesome: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1167130?checkin=03%2F04%2F2015&checkout=03%2F08%2F2015&guests=5&s=9a7O Only $81 per person per night if you split it with another 11 people. I would do it except that I live here). But if you don't find a place, let me know. Place is free, but I have little kids. And little kids are generally noisy.
Yes, Dale and I are opening our homestead for folks attending PV2! We are located about 3 miles from the conference site and it should be an awesome good time!
Inspiring folks to live a little more in alignment with our planet. permaculturevelocity.com
"Permaculture as a design system contains nothing new. It arranges what was always there in a different way" -Mollison
I have done extensive research on accommodation. tried finding couchsurfing, airbnb, hostels, personal connections, motels, hotels, renting car to sleep in,
camping options, personal connections, finding ppl to share Sheraton at discounted ($230us approx) rate and free parking options. Still waiting for a couple of personal responses.
Rooms have been booked like crazy every day since friday, now each place only has a few options left.
These are the best deals I have found for sharing March 3-8th through using discounted booking sites/alternative rental options.
I have not listed places that don't work. All of these options amount to about $150US for March 3rd-8th per person.
1. My Plan B Reservation, Midway area: Bay Inn and Suites at Seaworld for deluxe room, 2 queen beds, wifi, free continental breakfast, hot tub.
Cost for 2 incl txs, fees = $315US or $31/night/per person; add rollaway bed for third person = $28/per, savings of $15
Travel to conference: approx $10 taxi, 20 mins bike (haven't found one yet). Walking and Bus take too long, imho
I am open to 2-3 sharing with me if we can share morning taxi, try to coordinate evg. of find bikes.
Downtown and near Little Italy 2. 500 West Hostel booked through hipmunk.com, then easytobook.com (cheapest) , private room, shared bath, breakfast, twin bed = $186CAN total or approx $150US, or $30 incl tax, fee.
Travel by taxi - a few mins, about $10, walking =50 mins bus = 25 mins $2.25 each way
3. ITH Adventure Hostel = dorm beds, free full breakfast and dinner (if you are there) about same prices as above, more fun, but late quiet 1am
4. other hostels in area > only dorm beds for almost same price, sketchy access to showers recommend searching on hipmunk.com and momondo.com
5. Plan B reservation; Americas Best Value Inn Midway area closer to Sheraton than #1. I reserved Family Room, 3 double beds, breakfast, swimming pool + the usual. Works out to approx $445US or $30/day. I like this one better because it has a nice big pool, less lux though.
6. Private car rental suitable for sleeping - found a few at relayrides.com; prices of regular car rentals if you have a good Credit Card have gone down quite a bit in the last couple of days. $15-$25 day.
Please E-mail me at email@example.com if you are interested in sharing, let me know what your preferences are.
If you have an incredible option like staying on a farm/property close by I will bring my tent (sleeps 2) with me.
Please contact me soon, I am going to reserve the hostel if other sharing options don't come through.
Thanks all, all the best, Lisa
you can also whatsapp me, text or call me at 1 778 321 8335 in Canada
The Greenhouse of the Future ebook by Francis Gendron