• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • r ranson
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Mike Haasl
stewards:
  • paul wheaton
  • Joylynn Hardesty
  • Dave Burton
master gardeners:
  • jordan barton
  • Greg Martin
  • Steve Thorn
gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • Jay Angler
  • Kate Downham

Yes, you may

master pollinator
composting toilet food preservation homestead
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Pearl,

You have been a bad influence. My nearest neighbors are in the adjoining cemetery,  and they dont have too many needs that I am aware of.  So I have , about a month ago, begun donating excess eggs to an area Not-For-Profit.

pollinator
cat dog home care personal care urban books cooking food preservation fiber arts medical herbs ungarbage
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yay, that sounds awesome! Thank you for the update

master pollinator
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Pearl, you're a lean, mean growin' machine!

I respectfully doff my chapeau to the maestro.

• Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is a  great idea. My grandmother would have loved it as she had a 'tree lawn' in the front yard on a 'busy' street in a small town and a small flower garden in her backyard. Everyone exchanged seeds and starts in the neighborhood.

steward & bricolagier
goat cat fungi books chicken earthworks food preservation cooking building homestead ungarbage
  • Likes 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Everything has been bad here this year, my health, the weather, circumstances, things got planted very late, and I lost large amounts to problems. The Yes, You May strip was just starting to produce, lots of green tomatoes, finally. And this morning I was out starting a vile project, (involving mold and fallen insulation under the house) and saw heavy equipment go by on this little street, then a city truck with guys I know in it. Asked them what was going on "They are putting down new asphalt today! You know that's technically in the city easement, right?" Yeah, I know. I did a solid picking on all the green beans (first pick!) and pulled the cardboard and straw back, weighted it down against the wind. Tied the beans as far back as I could, and wished them well.

The guys who were doing it were nice, and were pretty careful, no damage! Not even much asphalt in places I didn't want it. I put down a new layer of cardboard before I put the old cardboard and straw back, looks good! YAY! That garden survived a hazardous day!!

gardener
duck books chicken cooking food preservation ungarbage
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Pearl Sutton wrote:

YAY! That garden survived a hazardous day!!  

Congratulations to you, your garden, and the city guys! I think that's a sign that people are respecting our need to grow food a little more.

crispy bacon. crispy tiny ad:
Greenhouse of the Future ebook - now free for a while
https://permies.com/goodies/greenhouse
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic