Yesterday, one of my fellow hay crew members wasn't feeling too well, so we only did half a day of hay. I spent the remainder of the day working on the small upper pond and cleared off the wall of more rocks and dirt. There's a nice little berm going along the side of the pond with all the dirt I'm shoveling out. Today, we'll be trying for a full day of hay.
Since we started later today to do hay, I spent the morning digging out more of the upper. It took us a bit longer to finish the hay than planned, but I'm quite happy now that hay season is over! We baled all of the hay, and I can get back to working on the ponds more! Working on the ponds is great for me to be able to listen to the Permaculturepodcasts!
Clearly cement is a horrible medium for a pond in that location. May I suggest lining your pond with a "pond liner". That way when the cement cracks again which it will your hard work won't go down the drain so to speak.
We can fix it! We just need some baling wire, some WD-40, a bit of duct tape and this tiny ad:
A rocket mass heater is the most sustainable way to heat a conventional home