I'm really excited to announce that Urban Roots will be hosting Eric Toensmeier for a two day workshop on Edible Forest Gardening and the Commercial Food Forest. Eric co-authored the book Edible Forest Gardens and specializes in designing, growing, and teaching about Perennial food systems.
I have attached the flier here. Please pass it on to anyone you know who might be interested.
Space is limited so we are encouraging people to sign up soon.
Also, this course is part of a new modular, year long Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course being offered through Urban Roots. This course fulfills 2 days of the 13 day curriculum. The PDC will include courses by other professionals in the field as well as portions taught by myself
For those interested in taking the complete PDC, we are offering an Introduction to Permaculture course that fulfills 2 days as well. This will take place at Urban Roots on Sept. 17-19 (Tuesday - Thurs) from 1 pm - 6 pm. We are offering it at $40 / day or $100 for all three. I will be teaching this course. If you are interested, Contact Jeff Bryant at Urban Roots to register. His contact details are on the flier and at Urban Roots website.
Thanks so much,
For Intro: here's my curriculum outline
Day 1: Introduction and Overview
· Evidence for the need to act
· History of Permaculture
· Definition of Permaculture
· Permaculture Ethics and Design Principles
· Permaculture around the Globe
Day 2: Concepts and Themes in Design
· Principles of Natural Systems
· Permaculture Design Principles
· Energy Cycles and Flow diagrams
· Edge Effects and Thinking
· Diversity and Stability
· Strategies which Increase Yield
Day 3: Methods of Design and Patterns in Nature
· Functional Analysis and interconnectedness of needs and products
· Observation and Site Assessment
· Zone, Sector, and Slope/Aspect Planning
· Incremental Design
· Fractal patterns and Scales of Order
· Core model and associated patterns