• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • r ranson
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Leigh Tate
  • jordan barton
stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • paul wheaton
  • Liv Smith
master gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • Jay Angler
  • John F Dean
gardeners:
  • Nancy Reading
  • Beau Davidson
  • Heather Sharpe

Southern Woman Searching for a Strong Man With a Gentle Soul

 
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


Hello, my name is Alice. I am a 35-year-old single mother who is optimistic about finding a companion, preferably within 5 years of my own age. I have been married once before and would like to marry again someday, however, I am not in a rush or willing to force a relationship. I am an independent person who is more looking to settle with someone out of a want than a need. My hope is to cross paths with a man who is willing to ease into things in a mature and realistic way.

First things first. My number one priority in life is being a mother to my teenage son. In true motherly fashion I must brag that he is the most easy going and well-rounded kid that I know. Now that he is getting older it’s time for me to start planning and focusing on what I want for my own life outside of being a mother. About motherhood, it’s best that I make it known that I had to have a hysterectomy in my 20’s so I am unable to have anymore children. I know that this is a deal breaker for some, and I have made my peace with what that means for me. I should also make it known with the intent of being completely honest that I am HSV-2 positive which is a form of herpes. Yikes! Right!? Most people hear that word, and their hair catches fire and they run screaming. Admittedly, I had my own stigmatized beliefs about it before I was aware I had it. Aside from the pride swallowing of having to disclose it to others, it’s a pretty insignificant part of my life but it’s understandable that others would have reservations about being romantically involved. I am completely open to any and all respectable questions on the subject.

Well, if you made it this far then congratulations! You may now receive the reward for bravery in the honorary form of the “Getting to Know Me” segment.

I am a caring, passionate, resilient person who carries a quiet intensity. Publicly I am a reserved and private person but in the company of trusted friends or family I can be very extroverted and playful with a good sense of humor. I enjoy cooking and homemaking, but I also like working outdoors doing physical work as well. I wouldn’t describe myself as a girly girl but I’m also not overly tom boyish either. I love being a woman and I do place a healthy amount of value in my physical appearance. I don’t smoke or drink and ideally my partner would not either. No judgment to those that do but that is not something I am willing to compromise on. I am 5’1 and would consider myself in fair physical shape but like most women I do have stretch marks and my wrinkles have begun to show. My body isn’t perfect, nor do I expect perfection, but I am also not a wreck either. I don’t own a scale, so I am not sure of my exact weight, but my guess is somewhere between 120-130lbs. Physical attraction is important to me, and I find a healthy body much more attractive than a chiseled physique.

I am close with my family and it’s important to me that the man I am with wants to participate and eventually be a part of a family unit. I consider myself to be a Christian although I do not follow organized religion and feel much more at home sitting in the woods than in a church. I am not overly political, but I do think its important to take pride in your country and fill a civic duty by voting and having productive discussions. Overall, I most identify with the Libertarian party if any party at all.

My five-year goal is to have enough money saved up to buy some land to homestead on. I live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle. I own and live in my 32 foot camper and am currently rooted in the Texas Hill Country where I plan to stay until my son graduates from high school. Moving is not currently an option for me but I am open to considering it in the future. I figure that gives me plenty of time to meet a companion and figure out whether we’re compatible or not.  I am an animal person and I have two cats that I love tremendously. I hope to one day have space for more animals including ethically raising my own animals for meat and growing my own produce.

Hopefully that covers the basics for now and it wasn’t too long to read through. If you are interested in getting to know one another, please send me a basic bio about yourself with a recent photo and I will respond privately if I decide it’s beneficial to continue a conversation.

Best wishes,
Alice
20210523_132649.jpg
Basic Me
Basic Me
20200616_145950.jpg
Casual Me
Casual Me
20201126_113242.jpg
Special Occasion Me
Special Occasion Me
 
Posts: 3
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi I'm jay nice to meet you
 
Posts: 53
Location: Lake Cumberland
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey there southern woman, you done a great job here on your post. I'm older than you , but I admire your honesty and person you are . I'm just glad to meet a woman from the outdoors . and that can survive in a camper. The world is tuff out there, And crazy things happen, to a lot of us, and do t know why. I know from exsperirnce too. I've been off grid for a long time and by myself. A lot of people think off grid living isa way of running from the system, and things in life. But what they know it's a simple way of life and a cure for what ills you. What ever it may be. Solitude, quietness, and peace of mind is good for the sole. In just a old veteran  ,with some knowledge to share. So any time ya want to chat ,I'm here in the Ozone doing my thing. , And curing my sole
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jr. Gibson wrote:Hey there southern woman, you done a great job here on your post. I'm older than you , but I admire your honesty and person you are . I'm just glad to meet a woman from the outdoors . and that can survive in a camper. The world is tuff out there, And crazy things happen, to a lot of us, and do t know why. I know from exsperirnce too. I've been off grid for a long time and by myself. A lot of people think off grid living isa way of running from the system, and things in life. But what they know it's a simple way of life and a cure for what ills you. What ever it may be. Solitude, quietness, and peace of mind is good for the sole. In just a old veteran  ,with some knowledge to share. So any time ya want to chat ,I'm here in the Ozone doing my thing. , And curing my sole



Thank you for helping me feel welcome Jr. Gibson. It's not easy putting yourself all the way out there but I've found it to be most rewarding once you get past the uncomfortable part. I am always appreciative to hear the words of those more experienced than myself. Thank you for your service, and happy belated Veterans Day!
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Lucky me! I've gotten 10 flags thus far. I wonder what it could be that offended someone so much? Don't worry darlin, as far as I know you can't catch it through a computer screen ;)
 
master pollinator
Posts: 2959
Location: 4b
895
dog forest garden trees bee building
  • Likes 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Alice Perry wrote:Lucky me! I've gotten 10 flags thus far. I wonder what it could be that offended someone so much? Don't worry darlin, as far as I know you can't catch it through a computer screen



Flags are ways to bring attention to a post, not because you offended someone  They are a good thing.
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Trace Oswald wrote:

Alice Perry wrote:Lucky me! I've gotten 10 flags thus far. I wonder what it could be that offended someone so much? Don't worry darlin, as far as I know you can't catch it through a computer screen



Flags are ways to bring attention to a post, not because you offended someone  They are a good thing.



Oh, then (non-sarcastically this time) lucky me! Red flags usually connotate negativity and I just assumed someone was reporting my post. Thank you for clarifying.
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Woops! So it has now been made abundantly clear to me that flags are a good thing. Thank you to everyone who has flagged me. I think I'll leave my asinine comment for future generations to learn that flags are friends :)
 
Posts: 62
Location: New Mexico
2
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sooooo cute, if I was 20 years younger.... LOL

Tom
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
[quote=Tom Berens]Sooooo cute, if I was 20 years younger.... LOL

Tom[/quote]

Why thank you for the encouragement Tom!
 
Posts: 5
Location: Oregon
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You sound absolutely amazing and you are so beautiful I'm 34 going on 35 I am 5'7-5'8 I'm not fat but not thin lol Im a total foodie I'm loving caring affectionate great listener I love cuddling I cook I dislike liars and cheaters I just wanna fall in love and be loved back I would love to get to know you and see where it goes
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jon Fox wrote:You sound absolutely amazing and you are so beautiful I'm 34 going on 35 I am 5'7-5'8 I'm not fat but not thin lol Im a total foodie I'm loving caring affectionate great listener I love cuddling I cook I dislike liars and cheaters I just wanna fall in love and be loved back I would love to get to know you and see where it goes



Thank you Jon. How about sending me a "purple moosage" with a more in depth bio and a photo attached. There may be a better way, but from what I can tell, you can attach a photo as a URL like so: Photo

I know it's a hassle, and most men aren't big fans of photos. However, it is a necessary part of the courtship process.
 
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How are you doing? My name is Allen. I'm 38. Would definitely like to get to know you.  My dream is to live off the land and be off grid.
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


A little guidance to help save some time…

When you follow a woman’s suggestion on how best to court her, you increase your chances of making a good impression and exhibit the quality of being a good listener.

Thank you to the men who have sent more than a few vague sentences and at least tried to send photos. It’s kind of confusing so here’s a link I found that explains how to attach photos to you profile. Use the same concept with the "purple mooseages" by selecting the "Img" tab . It’s no more of an effort than I am willing to give myself.

As a means to simplify things and hopefully reduce the amount of times I have to repeat myself, here is my personal proclamation on initial communication methods:

I do not give out my personal contact information like email or phone number nor will I contact you through yours until I feel like we have a well-established rapport. This is not meant to scold anyone or knock others style of communication; it’s only meant to clarify my own. My preference is the oh so convenient “purple mooseage” feature that the forum provides. Certainly, you can understand that as a single woman this is the initial communication method I am most comfortable with. Also, I do not have Facebook or any Facebook related applications such as Instagram or WhatsApp etc. so that won’t work either.

Hopefully this doesn’t seem too demanding or overcomplicated. I just think it’s important to communicate what your needs are.

This message was brought to you by the number 22, because I am a total grownup who has a favorite number. Happy Monday and thank you for listening 😉
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Rex Powell wrote:How are you doing? My name is Allen. I'm 38. Would definitely like to get to know you.  My dream is to live off the land and be off grid.



Hello Allen. How about sending me a "purple mooseage" with a short bio and a photo attached.
 
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi lady, I'm another lady who is impressed by your post and your honesty and clarity. I am wondering if you've ever heard of The Ringing Cedars Series by Vladimir Megre (about a woman living without belongings in the woods of Russia - her name is Anastasia). I have loved reading it.

(It's kind of hard to find so I could help with that - I think it's best in print, but some folks have scanned them in online) ...

The USA Anastasia Foundation just formed and they just started an online forum. One of the things it helps is with is finding a mate to create a family domain with. I think a pre-requisite is to have read at least some of the books, to be on a similar wavelength with similar mindset. https://anastasia.foundation/

They have Zoom calls, YT videos, and links to folks building these family homesteads.

Ruth
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ruth Amanda wrote:Hi lady, I'm another lady who is impressed by your post and your honesty and clarity. I am wondering if you've ever heard of The Ringing Cedars Series by Vladimir Megre (about a woman living without belongings in the woods of Russia - her name is Anastasia). I have loved reading it.

(It's kind of hard to find so I could help with that - I think it's best in print, but some folks have scanned them in online) ...

The USA Anastasia Foundation just formed and they just started an online forum. One of the things it helps is with is finding a mate to create a family domain with. I think a pre-requisite is to have read at least some of the books, to be on a similar wavelength with similar mindset. https://anastasia.foundation/

They have Zoom calls, YT videos, and links to folks building these family homesteads.

Ruth



Thank you for sharing your interests with me Ruth. Anastasianism is an interesting concept and I very much respect the religious rights of others. However, I did not post to this forum in search of a religious/political party to join and must say that by not revealing the full intention of your movement your post could be seen as misleading.
 
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hello Alice,
my name is Don and I was born in Texas but live in the rainforest of Puerto Rico.  I have plenty of land and I am looking to share it with kind nurturing souls who want to live a more indigenous life in balance with nature.  Please let me know if this appeals to you.  I would write more however I have doubts that anything I write here actually is being receieved.  My instagram is bluegreenearthschoolpr.  You can see pictures of the space there and message me there also.  I loved what you wrote and I would love to at least make a friend.

Don
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Don Toler wrote:hello Alice,
my name is Don and I was born in Texas but live in the rainforest of Puerto Rico.  I have plenty of land and I am looking to share it with kind nurturing souls who want to live a more indigenous life in balance with nature.  Please let me know if this appeals to you.  I would write more however I have doubts that anything I write here actually is being receieved.  My instagram is bluegreenearthschoolpr.  You can see pictures of the space there and message me there also.  I loved what you wrote and I would love to at least make a friend.

Don



Hello Don,

It sounds like you have something exciting going on! I don't have an Instagram or any other Facebook related apps with which to view any related profiles. All pictures would need to be posted on this thread or sent through Purple mosseages. As lovely as moving to the rainforest sounds, I don't think I could bear to be that far away from my family. Thank you for your message and good luck with your vision.

-Alice
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jaxon Faught wrote:I see you posted some time ago, did you find your off grid paradise yet? Your post was very detailed and informative. I have 140 acres N.E. N.M. let me know if you'd like to know more.



Hi Jaxon,

Yes, I would like to know more. Why don't you send me a Purple mooseage with a detailed bio and a better photo of yourself. Are you searching for a partner, or just looking for community? To make things easier I am searching for a partner, and have created a fairly detailed bio stating the concept of what I am looking for with more information on what I am like as a person. Feel free to read it and send a private reply, or don't if I am not what you are searching for.

-Alice
 
Posts: 10
Location: Wagon Mound, New Mexico
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here is another picture as requested.  Lol
The end of another long work day. 😴
20220118_210250.jpg
[Thumbnail for 20220118_210250.jpg]
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jaxon Faught wrote:Here is another picture as requested.  Lol
The end of another long work day. 😴



What striking blue eyes you have! Thank you for remembering to send a photo. I noticed on another woman's post you said you are 45. This is a thriving and robust age for a man, however, I am looking for a man closer to my own age of 35. Hopefully this is understandable.
 
Jaxon Faught
Posts: 10
Location: Wagon Mound, New Mexico
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thriving and robust never heard old put that way. LOL. No problem, completely understandable. Good luck in your search.
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jaxon Faught wrote:Thriving and robust never heard old put that way. LOL. No problem, completely understandable. Good luck in your search.



I don't think 45 is old, just older than what I am looking for. Good luck to you also!
 
Jon Fox
Posts: 5
Location: Oregon
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi my name is Jon I'm 34 almost 35 single never married no kids I'm looking for a long term relationship with someone I find amazing I'm easy going attentive a great listener I'm a cuddler I love music and movies and adventuring out in nature even if weather is not so nice
With my picture it is recent but the hair can go if need be I just had it because of the colder weather if interested here is my email mustangjllk@yahoo.com hope to hear from have a nice day
 
Alice Perry
Posts: 27
Location: Texas
5
cat personal care homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jon Fox wrote:Hi my name is Jon I'm 34 almost 35 single never married no kids I'm looking for a long term relationship with someone I find amazing I'm easy going attentive a great listener I'm a cuddler I love music and movies and adventuring out in nature even if weather is not so nice
With my picture it is recent but the hair can go if need be I just had it because of the colder weather if interested here is my email mustangjllk@yahoo.com hope to hear from have a nice day



Hello Jon,

I'm not sure if you are aware that neither your most recent inquiry nor your previous one included a photo. Also, I will reiterate the fact that I will not respond through email. Please use the purple mooseage feature if you are uncomfortable sharing openly on the forum.

-Alice
 
Posts: 45
Location: Ozarks
2
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I  like your energy , if I was a bit younger ......
 
If I'd had more time, I would have written a shorter letter. -T.S. Eliot such a short, tiny ad:
Work/Trade for the 2022 PDC, PTJ, and SKIP events
https://permies.com/t/166040/experiences/Work-Trade-PDC-PTJ-SKIP
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic