David Huang wrote: Thankfully I am not someone who is super reactive to the stuff, which is not to say I don't react if enough gets on me.
Rob Lineberger wrote:The thing that sets my radar off big time is you're using this for heating... ...Since the rocket heater is presumably in an enclosed space, the risk is magnified. It doesn't matter if you kill the vine. All of the urushiol is still there and will continue to be there.
bruce Fine wrote:I went through same exact thing with ash trees a couple few years ago. fortunately the bark comes off dead ash very easily and ash is a great firewood.
just a story about burning poison ivy---a friend had a bon fire and they put a bunch of dead poison ivy vines in it. one woman got a good wiff of the smoke and landed her in hospital with serious lung problems.