I noticed this What is Your Favorite British Cuisine? Thread and thought, hmm what is my favourite? Well most of the usual suspects are very "normal" to a brit. Roast is a every week occurrence steak and kidney is to be avoided at all costs.
SO I thought it's got to be something I go out of my way to make? or something I buy from a specialist supplier?
So here's my list of things I miss most, I wouldn't say they are my favourite foods but rather the foods that I cannot get easily here in Denmark
1. Sausages, propper sausages that are not made with pink sludge.
2. Bacon, yes yes I said I live in Denmark, their bacon is TERRIBLE
3. Cheese, as far as I can see there is one type of Danish cheese, danbo. you go to a specialist cheese shop and they have 20 types, but they are all the same cheese with different herbs/seeds in
4. Savory pastries. they don't have.. a.. single.. one... (you can sometimes get quiche in lidl)
5 black pudding that doesn't have sugar and raisins in it.
6. MARMITE how could I forget that
Now the last 6 I buy but I do make my own sausages.. so a gratuitous shot of some freshly made sausages.. Linconshire my favourite. And a pork pie. oh my pork pies, and scotch eggs, and sausage rolls.. and steak slices. sigh