We, Marie (French) & Kris (UK/Canadian), are in our 30's, and in search of a community & land which resonates with our values as well as an interim project to further develop our skills (maybe it is the same place! :). We are currently in Costa Rica for this purpose, but we are open to other countries which offer relative stability & security. We are ready to invest our time & resources into the right community project.
We seek a community that:
- wishes to create an auto-sufficient system
- understands the need to preserve & regenerate the Earth
- considers non-violent communication an essential part to living in harmony with others
- avoids harming/killing animals; respecting the life of all living beings, we follow a 100% plant-based diet
- thrives on honesty & sincerity
- benefits from individual living arrangements (large plots)
- lives in a 100% alcohol & drug-free environment (including plant-medicines)
- sees the benefit of integrated spirituality, i.e. meditation & yoga.
Our skills include:
- permaculture & organic farming (urban farming & tropical farming)
- teaching Introduction to Permaculture courses
- carpentry & adobe building
- project management (construction projects, retreat centres & start-up businesses)
- yoga teaching (certified instructor)
- volunteer coordination
- cooking & catering for small to large groups (100+)
- we are organised, efficient & responsible.
Our goal in life is to continuously develop in our spiritual practice and to include this into each moment.
We aspire to apply permaculture principles into all aspects of our life.
We hope to educate & inspire through sharing our knowledge & experiences as well as to learn from the knowledge & experiences of others.
If you have any suggestions or opportunities, let us know!
Hi Marie and Kris, Just a quick note that I like your post. Coweeta is a forming community and looking for folks like you both. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Also, some posts here on permies. Go to IC.org and look for Coweeta Heritage Center/Talking Rock Farm also. Located in the mountains of western NC; off-grid, organic farm (small) and much more. paul
Hello Marie and Kris. I align with your lifestyle requirements.
I am from UK living abroad for 13 years and recently bought 2800 M2 in Bulgaria. Living on the property now while renovating an old house. I receive guests for work exchange so you could continue to develop your skills here perhaps. In the immediate vicinity there are several empy properties which could be for sale (investigation required) at very cheap prices. Worth considering perhaps. www.atmanna.com us my place.
posted 11 months ago
Hi Marie and Chris, I had posted some time ago and your post came up again in my email, so I thought I would reach out again to let you know that I am interested in talking with you more about joining and forming a community here. You can email me directly at email@example.com. Best regards, Paul