While I was clearing the trail that I was maintaining today by the plum trees, I bundled up (using teasel like rope) the debris I had created and walked it up to the pond to start building raised beds. This is how my first raised bed is going. Eventually, I will be tossing the accumulated soil deposits the pond ontop of this. These are pictures of the slowly growing raised bed, as I put more and more bramble and brush down.
While clearing out some more of the brush on the trails by the plum trees, I found some more sticks and branches to add to my hugelkultur raised beds. I felt the trails were sufficiently cleared that I'll be able to harvest almost as many plums from the trees as they produce, so, I started digging soil out of the pond that I am renovating and began adding that soil to the hugelkultur raised bed!
This is the front and back sides of my hugelkultur raised bed after I added some soil to it from the pond. Adding soil to the backside of the bed was a bit more tedious than the front side, because I needed to get out of the pond each time, but it's getting there! Slowly but surely! The pond is slowly making its way to being restored, and the hugelkultur raised is slowly becoming itself!
I did the pond and hugelkultur work this morning, and then, I spent the rest of today painting the inside of a house. The painting was fun, and quite messy!