Yesterday my husband and I spent the majority of the day putting-up two additional pastures for our horses. At the end of our build I noticed one of our fence posts was not quite right. I checked my herd for any proof of an impact with the post and they were free from injury. So, that meant a long walk to the back field for closer inspection of the post.
Upon arrival, I found what I can only estimate to have been 50,000 honey-bees. A huge swarm that fully encompassed the exposed 4x6 post! Fortunately, we had an empty hive on-hand. A little work and we had the bees snuggled in their beds. Ahh... such a reward at the end of a long day was fantastic!