Tacomepai Permaculture Design Course: July 15th - 28th,November 1st-14th
Tacomepai now offers Permaculture and natural building courses and is aiming to develop other areas of land in the area to promote eduation and better environmental practice.
Come and join us at Tacomepai for our 2 week Permaculture Design Course taught by Sandot Sukkaew and Martijn Ballemans.
During the two weeks we will be learning permaculture design theory in a unique environment which enables us to put our knowledge into practice.
Participants will go over the main topics in Bill Mollisons: Permaculture: a Designers Manual whilst gaining first hand experience of planting, composting and building techniques. The topics are as follows:
1. Philosophies and Ethics underlying permaculture.
2. Basic permaculture principals.
3. Patterns in Nature and how to use that in design.
4. Methods of design. Land surveyance and improvement.
5. Climactic factors. We will cover all the major climates and how to work with them.
6. Natural environments and why we want to mimic their systems.
7. Water: catchment, usage, importance, and conservation.
8. Soil, minerals, microorganisms, building new soil and preventing erosion.
9. Earthworks: how to shape the land to help it achieve the goals we are aiming for.
11. Natural Building
12. Alternative systems: community living and other ways of choosing to live differently that works well for people and the planet.
As well as the theoretical aspect, participants will have the opportunity to do natural building, planting, harvesting and general upkeep of the farm, a bamboo workshop and various trips to the forest.
The cost of the course is 650 USD. This includes accomodation at the farm and food for the two weeks.