Our eco farm is located in the mountains of La Herradura, Spain. The old farm building is currently being renovated into a 10 room guest house and we are starting an eco farm project on the surrounding land.
The land is 12 hectares from the valley up to the mountain where you can see the peaks of the Sierra Nevada and from every point of the land you can see the surrounding mountains and ocean.
From this month onwards we will need people to start working on the vegetable garden; making the beds, growing and planting seedlings, mulching, building an undergroundgreenhouse and root and storage cellar. As soon as the garden has been started we will need people to maintain the garden and start experimenting with growing in the underground greenhouse.
In addition to the garden project we are going to build a series of earthbag domes for common use and housing for volunteers and guests.
This project is the first step in starting our eco village community based on earthbag building, permaculture/organic gardening and personal development. We aim to grow food together and help each other to build our own houses.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to start up and shape this project. We work 30 hours per week in exchange for food and opportunity to take an active role in the startup of our community and to learn how to build your own house and grow your own organic food.
We are going to start to build earthbag domes to house volunteers. During this stage we can only welcome people who will bring their own caravan, tent, tipi, yurt, camper, or other mobile structure you can take with you and is suitable to live in.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in becoming a volunteer. Our email address is volunteers AT synergy360.org
Please include the following details in your message;
- Your name, age and gender
- Tell us something about yourself
- With which things do you have experience and/or knowledge of?
- What are you interested in learning during your stay with us?
- When are you planning to join?
- How long are you planning to stay?
- What food do you eat? All/vegetarian/vegan/raw vegan/other; please include details
- What type of structure will you take with you to live in until the earthbag houses will be finished?
- Are there any illnesses, allergies or disabilities that might affect your ability to help with specific tasks?
Take with you;
- Alarm clock (if you are not capable to wake up with nature), suitable shoes for working in the garden, living structure including sleeping bag etc and clothing suitable for working
Helo Chris, I'm really interested in your project. When you say that it ended you mean that you don't need any volunteers anymore?
I'd like to know if you are still building ecodomes? This concept really interests me.
subject: Volunteering in Spain, Europe - Permaculture, organic gardening and earthbag building