We are giving away 4 copies of Looby Macnamara's book, 7 Ways to Think Differently
Looby will be answering your questions in the decision making forum Monday through Friday!
See this thread for details
Permies likes organic and the farmer likes Simple trellis for green beans permies
  Search | Permaculture Wiki | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies | World Domination!
Register / Login
permies » forums » growies » organic
Bookmark "Simple trellis for green beans" Watch "Simple trellis for green beans" New topic
Author

Simple trellis for green beans

Brenda Groth
volunteer

ordered POLE beans this year, OP so I can save seed and I will be trying a new trellis system..used lattice in the past and it is a bugger to remove the old vines..so..I'll see IF i can find some twin around otherwise wonder if crochet yarn would work, got a lot of that and it sure would be colofrul eh? Most of my yarns are natural fibers.

Brenda

Bloom where you are planted.
http://restfultrailsfoodforestgarden.blogspot.com/
Alex Ames

My off centered, semi tepee style is working good so far with room for corn to
grow on one side of the bed. Beans are starting to run!

[Thumbnail for IMG_1647.JPG]

Bob Kay

Cool layout. I may try the trelis technique next year.
I've been using old bicycle rims atop tall posts (or poles)
I tie a string (natural twine) in each quadrant of the rim and let it dangle. 1 or 2 beans at the string.
It's amazing how the bees find the flowers.. I find beans in every hidden spot.
Best taste and growing is Blue Lake pole beans ... mmm .. pick 'em young.
In the fall I cut the plants at ground level and leave the roots in the ground to help with nitrogen (legumes),
plant and string goes to compost.

subject: Simple trellis for green beans

cast iron skillet 49er

more from paul wheaton's glorious empire of web junk: cast iron skillet diatomaceous earth sepp holzer raised garden beds raising chickens lawn care flea control missoula electric heaters permaculture videos permaculture books