Permies likes chickens and the farmer likes city / suburban chickens permies
  Search | Permaculture Wiki | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

(the sound is wonky for the first 20 seconds)

daily-ish email

micro heaters

rocket mass heater

wofati

permies » forums » critters » chickens
Bookmark "city / suburban chickens" Watch "city / suburban chickens" New topic
Author

city / suburban chickens

Pennie O'Grady

Not blinking an eye is one thing.  I assume you're also saying your hens are good layers, too?
Leah Sattler

my hens lay fine now ( I had some barred rocks last year that were pathetic layers). they are fed in a dog run other wise they dogs steal their food. the dogs often bark at them while they are eating. after a while its just normal for them. I don't think chickens put a whole lot of thought into their own mortality. they are 99% instinct. and can be conditioned to accept things just as any animal. 

[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/havlik1/permie%20pics2/permiepotrait3pdd.jpg[/img]

"One cannot help an involuntary process. The point is not to disturb it. - Dr. Michel Odent

subject: city / suburban chickens