We are giving away four copies of Dan Chiras' book The Natural Plaster Book.
Dan will be answering your questions in the finishes forum Monday through Friday!
See this thread for details
Permies likes chickens and the farmer likes city / suburban chickens permies
  Search | Permaculture Wiki | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

(the sound is wonky for the first 20 seconds)

daily-ish email

micro heaters

rocket mass heater

wofati

permies » forums » critters » chickens
Bookmark "city / suburban chickens" Watch "city / suburban chickens" New topic
Author

city / suburban chickens

Pennie O'Grady

Not blinking an eye is one thing.  I assume you're also saying your hens are good layers, too?
Leah Sattler

my hens lay fine now ( I had some barred rocks last year that were pathetic layers). they are fed in a dog run other wise they dogs steal their food. the dogs often bark at them while they are eating. after a while its just normal for them. I don't think chickens put a whole lot of thought into their own mortality. they are 99% instinct. and can be conditioned to accept things just as any animal. 

[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n52/havlik1/permie%20pics2/permiepotrait3pdd.jpg[/img]

"One cannot help an involuntary process. The point is not to disturb it. - Dr. Michel Odent

subject: city / suburban chickens